Firefly is an EdTech platform trusted by schools in over 40 countries around the world. We simplify the most challenging aspects of teaching and learning, saving teachers valuable time, and helping parents to engage with their child’s progress, ensuring that every student gets the best chance at learning, whatever the circumstances.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our global support team based in Belfast. This role will develop into a critical frontline role, dealing with client requests over both e-mail and telephone and making sure our clients take full advantage of all that our software offers. You will develop and grow with us so that you can quickly understand any issue, diagnose problems, suggest answers, and identify effective next steps.
This opportunity is to work within a team with an industry leading reputation for customer service and an overall customer satisfaction rating of 95%.
We want to work with someone who has :
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbal, confident in explaining complex issues to non-technical end users.
- Excellent Customer Service skills, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- An intuitive and methodical approach to problem-solving.
- A team-oriented approach (both immediate and wider team) to working and the ability to work equally as well independently.
- A confident and proactive approach in furthering technical knowledge and imparting this knowledge to junior members of the team.
- A positive attitude, setting standards of excellence and achieving them.
- The ability to manage time effectively and prioritise cases/projects to ensure goals are met.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn new technologies and integrations.
- Good SQL Skills (Can use SQL Management Studio and work with Firefly Queries and debug Firefly queries)
- Good knowledge of school infrastructure and technologies used in schools
- Expert in what GDPR means for the support team
- Extensive Troubleshooting Skills
- Ability to pick up and run installation migrations
- Experience using Zendesk/Freshdesk
- 1 - 2 years experience in a Helpdesk/Support Role
- Qualifications / certification in Customer service / support
- IT based degree / accreditation including:
- Computer Science degree
- ITIL foundation training
- Comp TIA A+/Network +
- BTEC level 3 IT award
- Microsoft certified
- OCR Essential IT skills levels 2
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays
- 4% matched pension contributions
- Flexible yearly training budget
- Flexible working options (including home home working)
Firefly Learning is the ed-tech SaaS platform for parent engagement and learning continuity, trusted by over 600 of the best and most successful schools in over 40 countries. Firefly’s secure, collaborative platform simplifies school communications, lesson management and progress tracking to engage the whole school community and ensures that everyone can keep learning, whatever the circumstances. After raising the largest Series A in UK edtech of £4.5m (AUD 8.2m) in 2017, we closed a further £5.5m (AUD 10m) equity round in January 2019 and are proudly backed by BGF, Downing Ventures, and Beringea. With 1.2 billion primary and secondary school students in the world, we are passionate about supercharging the school experience to help as many of them as possible fulfill their potential. (www.fireflylearning.com).